Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lo Bear & Megs Come to Lawrence

This weekend I had the pleasure of hosting my dear friends, Lauren Davis and Megan Shipley. Lauren has known me my whole life and we have walked through almost every season together until I transferred to KU. I met Megan my freshmen year of college and we've been friends ever since. These two know me so well. I feel so refreshed being around them! I have way too much fun with these girls. This weekend was the most fun, yet refreshing, but out of control weekend I've had all year! 

Once again I am amazed that Jesus knows what I need! He knows me better than I know myself and loves to provide for my every need. Over the past few weeks I have been needing refreshment and time to just release and have fun. Praise God that's exactly what He had for me last weekend! I couldn't help but laugh with the Lord this morning thinking about His sweet goodness in allowing these two friends to visit. I feel like when you are around people that know you really well it releases you to be vulnerable, silly and even a little out of control. :) 

When we risk with God he provides opportunities for us to be refreshed. It doesn't depend on us, so He calls us to rely on His strength while trusting He'll provide a way for us to keep saying yes. Man, that's huge revelation I've gotten this year. IT DOESN'T DEPEND ON ME. Praise God! Jesus is the one that holds all things together. NOT ME. Thus, risking with God requires trust in a God who faithfully meets every single one of our needs. 

Phillipians 4:19 says "And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Believe in His provision. Even the simple things. Like refreshment & fun. 



(Megan took these pictures this weekend. Check out Megan's Blog!)

Proverbs 11:25 says "whoever refreshes others will be refreshed." Thanks Megs and Lo Bear for refreshing me this weekend! Believing Jesus has refreshment for you as well!

Also, if you haven't checked out our  "Call Me Maybe" video, don't miss out!


No comments:

Post a Comment