Navigation Bar

Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday Miss

For those of you who didn't know, I just got back from staff training for 10 days at KAA (Kids Across America). I'm sure I'll be writing about what God's been doing in my heart soon. However, while I was gone my sweet little sis turned 16! I didn't have access to a computer on her actual birthday, so I thought I'd post a belated entry. I hope to give you a picture into what life with Gwen looks like. She is one of my absolute favorite people.

I started calling Gwen 'Missy' or 'Miss' when I was little and the nickname has stuck ever since. The name suits her. There's no one else that makes me laugh as much as this girl. She's totally sassy and so hilarious. Almost every time we spend time together we reach the almost-pee-your-pants point. (Sometimes we go past that point, but I won't include details). Some of my favorite memories are with Gwen. She is simply a joy to be around. Recently I've felt so refreshed being with her. Whether we're laying out by the pool, or laughing in our rooms or riding in the car, I can always expect our time to be a blast.

One of my favorite things about Gwen is that she is quick to forgive and extend grace to others. She truly believes the best about others and gives people the benefit of the doubt. When hurt or offended, she chooses to forgive rather than stay bitter or resentful. I am so challenged by this! She is also incredibly loyal. Miss is a trustworthy friend who sticks close to those she loves.

She is also able to relate to so many different types of people. She is quick to befriend others, regardless of who they are. She is not judgmental, but accepting and willing to receive. I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 when I think of her. Like Paul, she is able to "become all things to all people". What a gift!

Gwen is a leader and a trend-setter. She is funny & easy to please. I am so thankful for Gwen and the blessing she is in my life. I love you Miss and happy belated birthday!





No comments:

Post a Comment