Navigation Bar

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Ultimate Host

Last night my roommate Lindie and I hosted a finals study break party. I love hosting parties and everything that comes along with it. I love baking. I love decorating. I love dressing up. Preparing for our breakfast-for-dinner party was by far the most refreshing part of my week. 

I'm convinced Jesus is the best host. He did, afterall, leave to go and prepare a place for us. John 14:2-4 says "My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

I can't even imagine what kind of place Jesus is preparing right now. He must be so excited for His guests to arrive! If I get this excited for a party to happen, imagine how much Jesus gets excited for His cherished ones to enter in and see what He's prepared. It will be nothing short of absolute glory. He knows us so intimately and prepares the details to perfection so that we will be in absolute awe of what He's created. Oh my heart is longing to be in that place today! To spend eternity in the place He's prepared. What an honor and privilege.

Thus, we get to tap into His heart when we host things! The small satisfaction I receive from hosting people is but a glimpse to the joy & anticipation Jesus must have. Below are a few pictures my roommate took of the night. (They're from an iphone, so don't mind the quality). We wanted to end the year in thankfulness, so we each shared things we thankful for and pinned them up!






No comments:

Post a Comment